Masjid Al-Muminun

1510 Harriet Tubman Dr Winston-Salem, NC 27105

"The Triads Oldest Islamic Organization"

Adhering to the Tafsir of Imam W. Deen Mohammed (ra)

With Allah's Name The Merciful Benefactor The Merciful Redeemer
Donate via cashapp
$the336masjid
Our History & Slideshow


Historical Synopsis of Masjid Al-Muminun

( House of Prayer of the Believers )


Masjid Al-Muminun,  a 501c3 Islamic religious center, located at 1510  Harriet Tubman Street has a long rich history in Winston-Salem,  N.C. The roots of this community dates back to 1955 when the city was referred to as the Twin City. The current Resident Imam Joèl Saahir, Treasurer Wali Salaam along with Board Convener Steve Muqtasid continue to providing the administrative leadership to the oldest Islamic community in the Triad area.  Our community is involved in many different areas of service to humanity. Supporting education is a major goal. The community provides educational scholarships annually to deserving students of the broader community.


Participation in a variety of outreach services is an ongoing activities for the Believers who have worked with Habitat For Humanity to build homes for families, engaged in a variety of interfaith forums to share common concerns with other religious communities, and provides food for the struggling members of the city. Civic engagement activities are encouraged for the Believers to stay active in sharing concerns and holding elected officials accountable. These activities are a continuation of the principle articles of faith of Al-Islam. The roots of these efforts extend back to 1955, under the leadership of Bro. James X McIntyre, Bro Bernard X, Sultan Muhammad and Bro. Lewis X.  Other leaders included Imam Irvin Shakir, who also served as Educational Director for the private K-12 School called Sister Clara Muhammad School. Most of the graduates from this school continued their studies on a collegiate level and are productive citizens today. A few of the other leaders included Imam Jaffair Hassan, Imam Donnie Hashim, Imam Irshad Hasan, and Imam Leonard Abdullah and Imam Arif Bilal.


 The dedication of the Believers at Masjid Al-Muminun has enriched the programs, which is in support of the leadership Imam W.D. Mohammed (ra) provided this community with a clear understanding and appreciation for community obligations and service. The Believers look forward to continuing the work started in 1955 which laid the foundation for Masjid Al-Muminun. 

Please enjoy a video history of Masjid Al-Muminun below....Press Play